2 RESEARCH ARTICLES + 1 GRAPHIC – CLICK ON GRAPHIC TO ENLARGE
Chilibeck PD1, Candow DG, Landeryou T, Kaviani M, Paus-Jenssen L.
– 12 months of creatine supplementation plus a resistance training program:
(1) preserves femoral neck BMD
(2) increases femoral shaft superiosteal width, a predictor of bone bending strength, in postmenopausal women
Candow DG1, Chilibeck PD, Forbes SC.
(1) Sarcopenia: a progressive loss of muscle mass and muscle function and is a contributing factor for cachexia, bone loss, and frailty.
– Cachexia: weakness and wasting of the body due to severe chronic illness.
(2) The combination of creatine supplementation and resistance training may further lead to greater physiological benefits.
(4) Creatine + Resistance Training has a +ve effect on aging muscle mass and upper body strength compared to resistance training alone
(5) Creatine also shows promise for improving bone mineral density and indices of bone biology.