1 RESEARCH ARTICLE
Pinto MD1, Wilhelm EN, Tricoli V, Pinto RS, Blazevich AJ.
– It has been proposed that pre-exercise static stretching may reduce muscle force and power
– The aim was to determine the effect of short- and moderate-duration continuous stretching on vertical jump and power output
– 16 physically active men (21.0 ± 1.9 years; 1.7 ± 0.1 m; 78.4 ± 12.1 kg) volunteered for the study
– 30-s (30SS; 4 min) or 60-s (60SS; 8 min) static stretching in calves, hamstrings, gluteus, quadriceps followed by the CMJ test
– CMJ may be impaired immediately following moderate-duration (60-s; 8min), while short-duration (30-s; 4 min) has negligible influence