4 GRAPHICS – CLICK ON GRAPHIC TO ENLARGE
DO SUPERSETS INCREASE METABOLIC RATE?
– This study looked at traditional sets versus supersets.
– All exercises were 4 sets at 70% 1RM with 60 second rest between sets.
– Training was the same in terms of sets, intensity, and rest times.
– However, the super set group finished the training faster and had a higher metabolic rate 60 minutes post training.
(1) Bench press (2) Barbell row (3) Biceps curl (4) Triceps extension (5) Leg extension (6) Leg curl
(1a) Bench press (1b) Barbell row (2a) Biceps curl (2b) Triceps extension (3a) Leg extension (3b) Leg curl