BENCH PRESS – ROM – RANGE OF MOTION
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
Bench Press at Full Range of Motion Produces Greater Neuromuscular Adaptations Than Partial Executions After Prolonged Resistance Training – 2019 – Martinez-Cava
– Training at a particular range of motion (ROM) produces specific neuromuscular adaptations.
– 50 recreationally to highly resistance trained men; 10-week velocity-based resistance training program using the same relative load (linear periodization, 60-80% 1 repetition maximum [1RM]), only differing in the ROM trained.
– Groups: (1) full bench press (2) two-thirds bench press (3) one-third bench press:
– Test: 1RM full range: full range >> two-thirds range
– Test: 1RM 2/3 range: full range >> two-thirds range >>> one-third range
– Test: 1RM 1/3 range: full range = two-thirds range >> one-third range