NECK INJURIES – DISC DEGENERATION – EXPLAINED
- MAYO CLINIC . As you age, the soft disks between your vertebrae begin to dry out and shrink. This narrows the space between the vertebrae, which makes the spine less stable and decreases its flexibility. This can cause pain, weakness or numbness. A degenerative disk does not always cause symptoms, and varies widely in nature and severity.
- HOPKINS MEDICAL . As you age wear and tear of the joints is not only common in the knees and the hips but also in the spine. This wear and tear is a form of arthritis, which is where the cartilage in the spine joints begins to wear out.
- CLEVELAND CLINIC . Degenerative disc disease is when your spinal disks wear down. Spinal disks are rubbery cushions between your vertebrae (bones in your spinal column). They act as shock absorbers and help you move, bend and twist comfortably. When the cushions wear away, the bones can start to rub together.
- ATLANTIC SPINE CENTER – 2015
- SPINE CARE & CHIROPRACTIC CENTER – 2018
- SPINE CARE & CHIROPRACTIC CENTER – 2017
- SPINE CARE & CHIROPRACTIC CENTER – 2019