LOWER TRAP ACTIVATION & STRENGTH – [P]REHAB
- MUSCLES INVOLVED → LOWER TRAPS, LATS, PEC MINOR, PEC MAJOR STERNOCOSTAL
- WHEN DONE PROPERLY DEPRESSION ALSO OCCURS WITH CHINS & LAT PULLS
AIM: determine the effectiveness of 5 isometric exercises at maximally activating the lower trapezius muscle
METHOD: Surface EMG data were recorded from the upper, middle, and lower fibers of the trapezius bilaterally while 18 healthy subjects performed 5 different exercises: Latissimus Pull-down, Prone Row, Prone V-Raise, Posterior Fly and Modified Prone Cobra.
RESULTS: Modified Prone Cobra, the Prone Row and the Latissimus Pull Down outperformed the other exercises in terms of maximizing lower trapezius activation while minimizing activation of the upper and middle fibers of trapezius.
- LOWER TRAPS & POSTURE – JEREMY ETHIER – 2020
- LOWER TRAPS ANATOMY & ACTIVATION EXERCISES . At home Exercises – TRAVIS TARRANT – PHYSIO – 2021
- 3 EXERCISES to ACTIVATE the LOWER TRAPS – TIM KEELEY – PHYSIO – 2020
- INCREASE LOW TRAP ACTIVATION – E3REHAB PHYSIO – 2020
- 1 DB TRAP 3 RAISE ON INCLINE BENCH – PRIORITY
- 2 DB TRAP 3 RAISE ON INCLINE BENCH – PRIORITY
- PRONE T’s WITH WEIGHT PLATES – PRIORITY
- PRONE Y’s WITH WEIGHT PLATES – PRIORITY