ANATOMY – QUADRATUS LUMBORUM – QL
CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- Location: posterior abdominal wall
- Attachments: inferior margin of 12th rib and upper four lumbar transverse processes, iliac crest and iliolumbar ligament
- Blood supply: branches of the lumbar arteries; other smaller arterial branches, as described below
- Innervation: ventral rami of the 12th thoracic nerve; L1-L4 spinal nerves
- Action: extension and lateral flexion of vertebral column; fixes 12th rib during inspiration to stabilize the diaphragm
- ANATOMY ZONE – MUSCLES OF THE POSTERIOR ABDOMINAL WALL .