HOW MUCH CARB?
BEFORE TRAINING or COMPETITION
WHAT TO EAT BEFORE A RACE – ASKER
– Every individual is different and therefore every athlete will need to develop their own pre-exercise routine that works best for him/her.
CARBS DURING & AFTER TRAINING
– Stuart Galloway; Lott M JE, Toulouse LC.
– Influence of timing of pre-exercise carb feeding (Part A), and carb concentration (Part B), on short-duration high-intensity exercise capacity
Part A: 17 males; 4 trials conducted following 6.4% carb/electrolyte sports drink 30 (C30) or 120 (C120) mins before exercise
Part B: 10 males; 3 trials were performed 30 mins after ingestion of 0%, 2% or 12% carbohydrate solutions
Part A: C30 produced greatest exercise capacity compared with all other trials
Part B: exercise capacity (min) following ingestion of the 2% solution compared with 0% and 12% solutions approached significance
– Timing of carb intake is important in short duration high-intensity exercise tasks
- SHOULD ALL ATHLETES EAT A HIGH CARB DIET? – LOUIS BURKE