CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE
- ORTHOINFO .
– A bunion is a painful bony bump that develops on the inside of the foot at the big toe joint. Bunions are often referred to as hallux valgus.
– Bunions develop slowly. Pressure on the big toe joint causes the big toe to lean toward the second toe.
– Over time, normal structure of the bone changes, resulting in bunion bump. This deformity will gradually increase and may make it painful to wear shoes or walk.
– Anyone can get a bunion, but they are more common in women. Many women wear tight, narrow shoes that squeeze the toes together—which makes it more likely for a bunion to develop, worsen and cause painful symptoms.
– In most cases, bunion pain is relieved by wearing wider shoes with adequate toe room and using other simple treatments to reduce pressure on the big toe.
- NGUYEN – DC – 6 EXERCISES FOR TOE BUNIONS – 2016
(1) Toe Spreads
(2) Toe Curls
(3) Manual Toe Circles
(4) Manual Toe Figure 8
(5) Isometrics with band around big Toes and feet apart
(6) Extension-Flexion with band around big Toes and feet apart
- ABELSON – DC – RESOLVING YOUR BUNIONS .
(1) Band around Toes; feet apart; rotate external & internal rotation
(2) Can be done with a pin and stretch