PIRIFORMIS SYNDROME or DGPS – ROLL & STRETCH – VIDEOS
PIRIFORMIS STRETCH & SCIATIC NERVE FLOSS – 2018 – Jacob Harden – Chiro – The diagnosis of piriformis syndrome or piriformis related nerve pain is a murky one.
– I tend to approach it from the perspective of a sensitive nerve rather than any type of piriformis compression issue.
(1) Back Lying Knee Crossover: gently pull knee to opposite shoulder; off leg straight
(2) Back Lying Nerve Floss: Hip at 90º hands behind knee; do repeated Knee Extensions with toes pointed
PIRIFORMIS or DISC? – 2020 – Performance Place – Chiro
– can be a Disc problem not the Piriformis
(1) Posture Test: slouch sitting, getting-up and standing; repeat with no slouching (2) McKenzie Stretching for the Lower Back
SMALL BALL ROLLING THE PIRIFORMIS – 2020 – Lawrence – Physio
(1) Small Ball – standing leaning on the wall: place the ball on the glutes above the greater trochanter
(2) Small Ball – sitting on the floor: place the ball on the glutes above the greater trochanter; careful not to apply too much pressure